Reaching this page, you might have already got some ideas about Vietnam, right?
This country rose to rank 10th among the best countries for expats. This developing nation is famous for natural tourism, the open-minded communities, the peaceful political climate and so on.
So now the question is:
How much is a Vietnam visa for you to visit this destination?
As you might have found out, to get a Vietnam visa on arrival, you are supposed to pay two kinds of fees:
Visa Application Fee (also called the online service fee) and Stamping Fee. The former kind, which is meant to make visa processing better, can be paid online while the latter must be fulfilled at the time you step down on the airport.
Depending on the type of visa you are requesting and the speed at which you want it done (i.e. you want it urgently or just normal), the final sum will add up to a certain amount.
So what are the factors that can affect the final cost of your Vietnam visa?
- Firstly, what is the purpose that you are traveling to Vietnam?
- Are you traveling as a tourist or going on business?
- Thirdly, they do offer a discount for application fee if you apply for several applicants at the same time. The more people, the less online service fee per capita.
- Next, the thing that should never be pushed aside is how long you are going to stay in this country. The validity time for tourists is often 1 month or 3 months as you wish. For businessmen/women, that length can be 6 months or even 1 year, you should check this carefully before applying for the visa.
- One more factor is where you are from, they do charge differently for different nationalities, meaning if you are from Thailand it will be lower than if you are from Egypt.
- The last one shall be processing time, if you want it urgently, like one working day instead of two as usual, or if you want fast track extra services, the fee will surely rise much more.
To sum up, before you apply for a Vietnam visa, you should consider all the elements needed to optimize the visa cost to have a good time in this country.
I shall repeat this, you cannot use credit cards to pay stamping fee at the airport.
Remember that when your application is declined, you can claim a refund for the online service fee you had paid before then. If you wish to extend your visa, it should take you 7 to 10 days and will cost you at least $20 depending on the similar elements listed above.