It’s no news that getting inside a foreign country without a Visa is next to impossible. A Visa is an authorization to entire a foreign country. There are different types of Visas, depending on the land at hand, but the common thing is that they serve the same purpose.
There are usually procedures and rules governing the application of Visas. Each country has its procedures which foreigners ought to follow to get their visa.
Furthermore, there are different methods put forth to apply for Visas.
The article is going to focus on how to apply for a visa in Vietnam. The different methods used by foreigners in the application of Visas. Let’s take a look at the process involved in how to get a Visa for Vietnam.
Before applying for the visa
As you prepare to apply for your visa, ensure you organize the following documents for your application:
- Two passport-size ID photos. The passport picture should be 2×2 or 4x6cm inches.
- A valid original passport.
- The Visa application forms, which is either the NA2 form acquired from the embassy or the entrance and exit form for visa on arrival.
As stated earlier, there are different methods in applying for a Vietnam Visa, they include:
- Applying for a Visa through the local embassy.
- Applying for the Visa on Arrival.
- Apply for your visa through a local travel agency.
To begin with:
Process In Applying for A Visa Through The Local Embassy
It’s the standard method employed by tourists, conducted in the Vietnamese Embassy or the Consulate office located in Vietnam.
If you are a tourist, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- The application form which can.
- An original passport, valid for six months before entry.
- Passport size photo, with no extra accessories like glasses. The picture should be clear.
- The mail service.
- Visa fees which can either inform company order, money order, or cashier’s check.
When applying for a business visa, the procedure is usually the same as applying for a tourist Visa. However, in a business visa, you ought to attach a letter of support from the company in Vietnam or your sponsor agency.
Moving to the next process:
Procedure Of Applying For A Visa On Arrival
First of all, you will need to apply for an approval letter online so that you can pick up the visa on arrival at the International airport in Vietnam.
Follow the following steps:
- Submit a filled online form for the Visa letter that is yet to be approved.
- You will receive the Visa letter in 3 to 5 working days, however, in emergency cases, it takes only 2-3 hours.
- Prepare the needed documents; the fees required in stamping. On arrival to Vietnam, take your visa for stamping upon arrival.
Lastly, let’s have a quick look at how to apply for a Vietnam Visa through the local agency.
When applying for a Visa through an agency will also require you to pay some fee. However, you should ensure that your Visa application is in the hands of a well-known company.
You need to do the following:
- A passport which is valid for six months before entry.
- Application or approved form.
- A passport size photo
- A Visa fee.
Remember that, the fee for Visa application usually vary with the type of visa you are applying. However, getting a visa is not the guarantee that you are authorized to enter the country.
Majority of people follow the required steps but end up not getting the visa, in some cases, its usually a matter of national security.
When filling the Visa forms, it’s essential to fill appropriately, failure to that the application will be declined.